Saturday, March 25, 2006

Half A Milestone

Today I had the ground portion of my final phase check, with Chris. It was too cloudy and windy to fly, so he just drilled me on ground knowledge. It was pretty intense. I did very well; I still need to review things like minimum equipment lists and a little bit about how flight controls work.

The schedule for Monday is looking pretty sketchy. I'll probably fly tomorrow with Kevin, but Monday looks to be windy, and even if it is nice, I'll be squeezing in the flight portion of my phase check the morning of the check ride. Smart? I don't know, I can't really tell.

We'll just see what happens. I'm pretty at peace with the whole thing; if it happens, it happens. If not, it'll happen next week sometime. What I'm annoyed about is that 6521J is scheduled from Wednesday to (at least) Saturday for maintenance. Makes me wonder what's going on.

Whatever. The thing is, I'm already a pilot. I can fly, I can be safe, I can make good decisions and I can deal with unexpected situations. Sure, not as well as someone with 500 hours, but a piece of paper isn't going to change that. So, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home