Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No-go

After all that preparation, the check ride didn't happen yesterday. Not really a big deal; I think the most frustrating part was that if the storm had come in only 4 hours later or so, then I could've easily gotten it done. Oh well! So, April 17 is the new date, three weeks from now. If the weather ever gets sunny, then maybe I'll be better at my maneuvers by then anyway. Speaking of the weather, I heard that this March was the wettest March EVER in the area's recorded history. Way to go, Mayank, that's the way to time it...

So, I've been doing lots of ground review, just keeping myself interested. I've been fantasizing (again) about becoming an owner or part-owner of an airplane. And, I've been exploring aviation related websites. I thought this one was hilarious!

Bringing general aviation to the American public, in the '50s! Wow. The plane is just like a minivan! In reality, that's a pretty crappy little minivan, with only 4 seats and a 4-cylinder 160HP engine.

This one is interesting; it hooks up private pilots and potential passengers for pro-rata pay (heh!). Private pilots are not permitted to accept payment from passengers, but they can split costs as long as they pay their pro-rata share.

So, back to ground study, and hopefully the occasional solo flight. Now that I'm signed off to go to Reid-Hillview, I'll probably do some laps of Palo Alto - Reid Hillview - Livermore and back, and do some slow flight/steep turns/stalls on the way back. More fun than just hanging out in the pattern -- and more expensive, but at this point it's a drop in the bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home